What Are Cracked Heels or Hard Skin?
- Both Cracked Heels or Hard Skin are caused by dry or sensitive skin on the foot reacting to pressure on the heels from footwear.
- Dryer skin often responds to pressure by thickening which leads to splitting.
- Once the skin has split, infections can get in and affect the deep tissues.
- Once the skin hardens around the split, it rarely heals and can be very painful.
- The most appropriate treatment is to have the hard skin removed. This is a quick and painless process followed by application of soothing foot cream.
- Regular application of a specialist heel balm can be very beneficial in improving skin condition.
How We Can Help
- The most effective treatment is to have your feet thoroughly and professionally assessed by a FeetcarePlus Professional.
- We have samples of heel balms and recommend products in the CCS & Flexitol range.
- We give advice and suggestions to ensure your feet are comfortable for the longest possible time.
- Call 01462 790065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a consultation.