What Is Distorted Nail?
- This is a condition where a nail(s) have thickened, have ridges or are causing discomfort.
- Distorted nails are caused by pressure from footwear or alterations to foot structure: dropping something on your toe or stubbing your foot can also cause distorted nails.
- Pain can vary depending on the cause & type of pressure and how long the problem has been occurring.
- Click here for ‘before and after’ pictures of distorted nails.
- We trim and manage the affected nail plates.
- Footwear may need to be changed or insoles inserted into shoes to help alleviate pressure and correctly re-align the foot structure.