What Is Plantar Fasciitis?
- Plantar Fasciitis is a general term given to pain experienced on the bottom of the foot, often towards the heel. When the plantar fascia, an unyielding ribbon of connective tissue running from the heel to the ball of the foot, is under excessive tension, pain at the insertion point onto the heel bone – resulting in Plantar Fasciitis.
- There are many causes including trapped nerves, joint inflammation and soft tissue injury. The pain and discomfort experienced can range from mild to so extreme that weight bearing is impossible.
- Patients often present with this painful condition when they have taken unusual or hard exercise/activity, particularly in un-cushioned, unsupportive footwear.
- Increased weight, pregnancy or an illness that causes the foot structure to splay can also cause Plantar Fasciitis.
- There are a number of treatment suggestions for this painful condition, but the most critical aspect of healing is to remove further aggravation to the affected tissues.
- Ensuring the foot structure is not allowed to deform/splay by wearing stabilising and supportive insoles in cushioned footwear is vital.
- The Footbalance System is designed to create custom made insoles to aid alignment and a 30 minute appointment can leave you walking in greater comfort. Click here for more information on Footbalance.
- The most effective treatment is to have feet supported with Custom-made insoles/Orthotics.
- Resting & elevating the foot allows the inflamed tissues to cool, and gentle massage encourages healing.
How We Can Help
- We will identify the condition and analyse where the problem stems from in a free consultation, and we supply a free information pack on Plantar Fasciitis plus free samples of a cooling cream and massage ball.
- Give advice and suggestions to ensure your feet are comfortable for the longest possible time.
- Call 01462 790065 or email email@example.com for a consultation.